April 5, 2010
For a long, long time now, I have been wanting to start my blog. But even after a lot of thought given to the matter, it always intrigued me how everyone always found out something to write about. I kept wondering, what is so close to me? And suddenly it struck, when I was trying to decide what would be the best gift for di’s b’day (mind you, it was indeed a Herculean task, considering she had come to Mumbai to see me for my birthday, and my ideas for a gift stood nowhere close). Anyways, it suddenly struck that my blog needn’t be about some ‘thing’… And that is how I went about writing this for my dearest di…
How do I start? How do you describe someone who has probably changed more nappies of yours than your mother, and is not ashamed of it? [;)] Right since when I was born, she has always found it her sole ambition to drown me with her love… Even as a kid, when other elder siblings in her place would have enjoyed teasing their kid sis, she would try to make me learn new stuff (although at that time a used to run away from the sight of her, coming to me with something new in hands to teach me!). For a long time, I remained the minion, following her around the house, trying to copy everything she did (would’ve been really good for me, had I succeeded). But as we grew, I turned into the little sneak, trying to get mom dad scold her, while she was my perennial savior. Be it bad test results, broken vases, permission for school trips, she would always be the moderator. I still remember all those kisses and bear hugs she used to shower me with, and the way I used to scowl at that. Wasn’t I an ungrateful little creature? I think distance has a way of redefining relationships. It was only when di left
Anyways, so the story goes that she meanwhile had fallen in love… It was probably due to the 6 years between us, but I never understood her. Being the skeptic that I am, I always wondered why my sister fell into this state of excessive affection which empty-headed teenagers like to refer to as love (yes, I know, I am really a skeptic). It has taken me four long years to see things as they really stand. And I am unexplainably happy for her. This one is for you too jeeju, if you are reading this. Thanks for coming into her life. Love both of you sooo much!
All this probably creates a very boring image of her, but let me tell you, she is the coolest sis anyone can ever get… I can talk to her about anything and everything… (And seriously, I am sooooo waiting for her hens’ party!!!) I keep telling her I should’ve been the older one (that’s when she has done something really mischievous). The happiest days of my life have been those with her in Pune. Kya time tha yaar… Really can’t even describe it! She can be the funny happy-go-lucky type friend; and the fiercely protective and responsible elder sis at the same time! iske friends bhi, a totally lovable group of ppl like her… unko dekh ke even I always got a ‘friends for life’ feeling… If I at all ever act like a spoilt brat, the pampering at the hands of my sis and her friends is to be given due credit. I mean, would anyone say no to a regular supply of chocolates, dinners out, and gifts galore? :D
I am writing all this because I know I would never otherwise get to let her know what she means to me. She is the one who motivated me to do something substantial with my life… Mujhe baar baar wo time yaad aata hai jab bachpan mein sath mein hum wo gaana gaate the- ‘phoolon ka taaron ka, sabka kehna hai, ek hazaaron mein, meri behna hai…’ My sis- mere tuchchu achievements par bhi mujhse zyada khush ho jaati hai, mere sath mere friends pe bhi jaan lutati hai, mujhe khadoos bulati hai, phir bhi sabse zyada ye hi hasati hai… I just love how she is so clear about everything she wants, so passionate about everything she loves…
Hey di, sorry for always being such a pathetic sister, the pain in your ***, though I swear I am trying to make up for the 18 years of my uselessness. [:D] I’ll always be your bachcha..
Makes me feel like the kid I wish I still was
I always know things will be fine, b’coz
She is just a phone call away
And will always make sure I’m okay
You know how much is a mile?
That’s the length of her glittering smile,
I guess this poem won’t make sense anymore,
But that does not count, what counts is that I love her from my core…
Love u bachcha... :) This is the best bday gift I ever got.. Love u so much.. Mmmmmmuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaahhhhhhh..... :* :* :*
ReplyDeletesahi likha hai re!! well,i have heard u speak these things about ankita di millions of time.. now as i come to think of it.. u speak a lot about her.. such sweet cute sisters!! :)
ReplyDeleteHi Amisha,
ReplyDeleteIts nice blog, and seems best b'day gift ever to ur sis..
You very nicely expressed your emotions in the blog.
Keep it up.. :)
I wish blogspot had a 'Like' button...
ReplyDeleteArey wah Amisha awesome yaar itna acha likha hain ....... This is the most amazing gift one can get and one which can be remembered for a life time.......U r simply amazing ..... Liked it sooo soo much ......
ReplyDelete